Ultimate Subaru Message Board

impreza caliper change from 01 to 02

Couldn't find a whole lot either. From the part #'s it looks like 02-06 shared the same calipers for all non-turbo/non-wrx impezas, whereas previously the RS had it's own different number.

cars101.com:

2002: Front: 10.7" vented twin-caliper piston. Rear: 10.3" solid disc 4 channel, 4 sensor ABS (anti-lock)

2001: Front: 10.7" vented disc with dual caliper pistons, Rear:10.5" solid disc 4 channel ABS

ha ha, jamal thanks for piping in. wanted to speak to you about it!

so no matter which way i go...whether it's 01 or 02+, just make sure i get the corresponding bracket to go with that caliper and it'll bolt right up right?

rotors and calipers are the same. brackets and pads are different?

correct. The change occurred on the front and rear of rs and wrx imprezas sometime in 02-03, and not even at the same time for both models. Reason probably being that they still had brackets left at the factory and used them until they ran out.

thanks jamal.

i have your caliper brake-down on my computer and i'm confused:

260x24mm..........

Applications:

90-99 Legacy non-turbo/-GT/-Outback

276x24mm........

Applications:

91-94 Legacy turbo

96-02 Legacy GT/Outback

am i reading it wrong so that it looks like 96-99 Legacy GT's fit under both categories? i have a 97 Legacy GT at home, so i can find out by looking if it's the first (single pot) or second (double pot - which is what i thought they were)) variety, but figured i'd mention it.

no, by non-turbo/-gt/-outback, I mean non-turbo, non-gt, non-outback. And probably non LSi, and some 96-99 OBs might also have smaller discs. My nasioc version of that thread is slighty updated and I plan to replace the one here shortly.