Ultimate Subaru Message Board

This is my best guess, based on vintage alone....

Open door.

Turn key on, engine off.

Under dash, just behind hood release find a small black button, about the size of a nickel, with the actual button being about as large as a pencil eraser. Sometimes this is simply taped to the wire harness coming off of the keyless unit.

Press and HOLD button until doors lock/unlock three times on their own. Continue to HOLD button.

Press unlock button on all transmitters/key fobs while holding down black button, locks should cycle once for each fob programmed.

Release button.

Roll down windows, or take keys with you.

Turn key off.

Check for proper operation.

GOOD LUCK!

Lewis

Lewis good work...

There are two fuse holders and one was missing a fuse -- I put a 20 amp in there and pressed the button but I only heard the noise as it tried to activate. but the doors wouldn't lock or unlock.

The keyless started working but no mechanical action. The fob does turn the dome light on and off too lock & unlock

The parking lights and the dash and consule would turn on and off but the mechanics are lacking.

Now what --it must be mechanical?? Since the electricial seems fine, do I need to jump into the locks them self? sticky or? What about the relay applying enough voltage to make the locks lock and unlock... Heck it's late and dark but I love trying to fix bugs... I don't hear no dam_ chirp either...

Thanks though for getting me on track..:confused:

I don't know because one of the fuses wasn't connected on the wiring harness. Once I replaced it and did the program code the electronic portion of the process worked but the actually locking and unlocking didn't happen... no mechanical movement:confused: :banghead:

Hmm...are the contacts for the battery clean and tight? There is an article on endwrench.com about that. I just replaced battery in remote for 00obw and it seemed like I had to press lock and unlock at the same time before it would work again.

haha yes actually I am from evans, just south of derby. I have eaten at hoaks before but not recently. Actually I work in Tonawanda.