Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 Legacy Sport. Put the key in drivers side door and turn to unlock and half the time it will unlock, the other time you can't get the key to turn and it wont unlock. I have to open the trunk and pop the back door lock with a stick.

Any ideas? I've gone through the wiring but haven't found anything out of the ordinary. (im probably missing something)

and half the time it will unlock, the other time you can't get the key to turn and it wont unlock.

The lock cylinder has a bit of metal in there that is about as thick as two Kleenexes, it breaks, leaving you with what you see. It is lock cylinder time (mine is the same way, I have a new lock cylinder, just haven't gotten around to it)

and half the time it will unlock, the other time you can't get the key to turn and it wont unlock.

The lock cylinder has a bit of metal in there that is about as thick as two Kleenexes, it breaks, leaving you with what you see. It is lock cylinder time (mine is the same way, I have a new lock cylinder, just haven't gotten around to it)

Ok thank you. I will look into getting one