Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello From The U.K

Hi,

my name is Neil, I wasn't sure weather to post this up in this section or the meet-greet section, so i've posted it up in both. I havn't personally got a Subaru but i'm on the look out for an Mv(Brat). I am only 15 so i am not allowed to drive on the puplic roads over here yet. I am a big Subaru fan and thought you would like to see my Dads 1993 Brat. Its pretty much standard apart from the cd player.

Pics: http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/photos/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=22819

(there is also a pic of my Mums Legacy in there)

In country it was 1994 when they stopped importing them. According to a Subaru dealer they stopped making them because all of the equipment what was used to make them was warn out so Subaru decided to stop the production of the Mv/Brat.

Welcome to the board!

I personally wave the Red Rose of Lanceshire and fly the banner of PNE :)

I came over here in '95 (***************, you were 3!) and bought my first Brat 3 years ago.

I didn't know they imported them over there under any name cuz I'd never seen one the whole 23 years I was there.

Made until '93 huh? Maybe you could pull some parts from a newer one in a scrap yard and I can pick 'em up next time I'm back 'ome!

Good luck with your test (2 years time?) - I bet they've gotten worse since I did mine.

Steve

thanks for the welcome and for the look on my test which is in 2 years time.

They used to be very popular among farmers but now they have all rotted away and my Dads is one of about 3 in this county, they arn't even in scrapyards!!!!

While trying to google what the letters "MV" mean, I just stumbled over one in Autotrader going for $1250. That doesn't seem bad if its in good nick.

I paid $3000 (1500 quid) for a 22 year old one from Arizona. I'm not kidding there isn't a peep of rust on it except for the odd stone chip. All the bits underneath it are like new. Amazing.

Still don't know what "MV" stands for though, do you per chance?

Steve

"Mv" stands for "multipurpose vehicle" according to some old brochures I have. My dads cost £1100 5 years ago and needed some work doing to the front wing, but it has had some work done in the rear arches on the inside aswell.

Yeah, Brats are famous for rusting in the rear wheel arches, in fact - there is a section on this website that show you where the water gets to and how to seal up the vulnerability. Something I'm gonna have to do now that I am running it in the almost tropical rains of south Louisana...

I also had chance of one about 35 miles from where I live, same year as my dads but red for £550, but it needed quite a lot of welding and bodywork doing to itso I turned it down. It had only done 53000 miles aswell!

If you have the space to keep it, the 550 car would make a great parts car....

This is my Daily Driver:

Day%201.jpg

And this is my parts car (my own personal scrap heap - Robert LLewellyn eat your heart out!)...

Homeward%20Bound.jpg

This one is now on axle stands and would need a substantial amount of parts/work before it could even get towed again :)