Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I can't believe it...I passed inspection!

thought that I was going to fail for sure. i have the semi-6 lug conversion (6 lug wheels drilled for the 4x140mm) and tires that stick at least 2 inches past the fenders front and back, I cut the fenders to clear the larger wheels and tires. The lights all work good except for the hazards, which I wired straight from the battery (i used a small fuse to be safe) and the horn is an aftermarket button on the side of the dash.

The guy doing the inspection asked me if I had trailer wheels on there, then mentioned that they sure stuck out alot. I told him that I couldn't see putting anything smaller than a 14" wheel on a 4x4. Well that sparked his interest because either he had never seen a subaru 4x4 or didn't realize that they had high and low transfer cases "just like a real 4 wheel drive" he said. He asked me if the drilled wheels gave me any trouble and I just told him that I had been driving it back and forth to work 20 miles each way at highway speeds for a month already.

Well, anyway, to make a long story pretty much the same length, it passed and I am glad, because I will be putting 2 year tags on it and I doubt if it will have to go through that again...at least not in its current form.

The only way you could have failed inspection with the modifications is if you exceeded a height standard (Ny has one but its not really enforced, and rarely surpassed), or if the tires stuck out too far from the body. Thats easily fixed. They just wont tires throwing rocks into other peoples cars (being on the receiving end i can agree).

Glad you passed :)

nipper

The only way you could have failed inspection with the modifications is if you exceeded a height standard (Ny has one but its not really enforced, and rarely surpassed), or if the tires stuck out too far from the body. Thats easily fixed. They just wont tires throwing rocks into other peoples cars (being on the receiving end i can agree).

Glad you passed :)

nipper

I agree about the tires thing, got the mud flaps on, just have not had time to get the fender flares that I want.

CobCob? Something I should be hearing about soon?

Fender flares? whatcha got in mind there dude?

And yes, pending a mechanical inspection on a certain black Mazda tomorrow I should be driving a vehicle with certain "spoilt little child" attributes by tomorrow evening!

what a way with words you have...that would be great!

(WARNING, SHAMELESS BEGGING AHEAD!)

So what will you be doing with your turbo if you get the certain other vehicle?

:) the vultures are circling already :lol:

The GL-10T is probably going to sit in the garage while I give her a thorough going over, I think it'll be a good vehicle for family road trips... better gas mileage than the wife's '96 Isuzu Trooper, more room than the Brat...

I'll let ya know though, wifey may want it out of here :Flame:

The Mazda is off at Aasby's on Glenstone getting checked over by a mechanic, if all goes well I hope to have a check in my grubby little hand within an hour...

:) the vultures are circling already :lol:

The GL-10T is probably going to sit in the garage while I give her a thorough going over, I think it'll be a good vehicle for family road trips... better gas mileage than the wife's '96 Isuzu Trooper, more room than the Brat...

I'll let ya know though, wifey may want it out of here :Flame:

The Mazda is off at Aasby's on Glenstone getting checked over by a mechanic, if all goes well I hope to have a check in my grubby little hand within an hour...

Circling already? what are you talking about, I have been circling ever since you dragged that thing home!

Hmm, I do know where a nice little subaru truck is down on the west end, I might have to take a drive and see if they want to sell it...now where is my credit card???:banana::lol:

Circling already? what are you talking about, I have been circling ever since you dragged that thing home!

Hmm, I do know where a nice little subaru truck is down on the west end, I might have to take a drive and see if they want to sell it...now where is my credit card???:banana::lol:

good luck finding it now mate! It's not there! It's been moved to a secret location and has my name on it :headbang:

One step ahead, that's all I gotta be :clap:

Dunno if I should worry, that guy's not back with the Mazda yet! been 3 hours... heh, he probably took it to a chop shop...

actually, he was an agent for me...I am holding it for ransom:headbang:

He came back... after 5 hours! claims the cars got a lot of oil leaks... funny, I've never seen much more than a drop or two on the floor in my garage...

And sadly, I am now without an operable car... oh wait, there's a BIG roll of the green stuff in my pocket, I guess it's not ALL bad after all!