Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Buying A Lift Today.

I'm meeting a guy this afternoon to look at a Allied Armament, Standard Lift Kit for the EA81. Apparently he bought it a couple years ago and never installed it. I found this deal on Craigslist and was wondering if I could get some ideas as to what I should look for. Im mostly concerned about installation instructions, which he says are included, but vague at best. Also, are these kits usually sold complete from AA or, might this be a partial kit, how will I know? Any ideas appreciated..

you can look at allied armament's web site, it shows some of the components, but not all, and it looks like it might have 2 versions in 2 places. older kit and newer kit. that would be a start I guess. I don't suppose the instructions will have a parts list? maybe you can read through them and identify things from the instructions. there should be parts that will go at the front struts the engin crossmember the moustache bar and the rear shocks, beyond that I'm not sure. wish I had more for you.

Well, Here's what I got. It looks good to me. The deal went down perfectly. I met Sean, (a member here) at Snoqualmie Pass and made the xchange. Great guy. He packed the kit on his Motorbike and drove up from Wenachee. (Thanks Dude,You Rock) I left there and headed to Renton to meet the guy who is currently advertising Puegoet wheels on Seattle Craigslist. He was a no-show. Whatever???? So, I need wheels! I may just go ahead with plan A and drill my hubs. The directions are pretty skimpy but alot of it looks self expanitory. We'll See.

aalift.jpg

About that Steering Knuckle Extension. It is 10" long, exactly. I don't currently have power steering, but am certainly going to get it. What would a Power Steering knuckle look like? Maybe just shorter? I could maybe order one from AA. I have a mig so maybe I can just cut or weld this one? What do you guys think? Thanks.

sean here, yes that is a non power Steering Knuckle Extension. so when are you goint to get one of those browning 50 cal. from AA and mount it on top of your ride so you can really get some hunting done?:Flame:. oh and my 3 good pugs could be up for sell soon, just have to see how my t-leg is going to do

best bet of course would be to buy the part from AA. but I'm the kind who would compare the non-power and power steering and then see if it looks like an easy fix to the extension you already have when you're ready to upgrade your steering. a little zzz and a little :Flame: if you already have the mig, the extension doesn't look that complicated as long as it'll be strong enough and the correct size when you're done.