Ultimate Subaru Message Board

OK, I'm a little stumped. I can't find either replacement bushings or the mount itself for the rear differential in any of the online OEM retailers for my 98 Legacy. I suspect the bushings may be the culprits in my long-running saga with annoying jerking feelings when the engine switches from braking/coasting to accellerating (In a usenet discussion, I saw someone mention "trailer hitching", which I've never heard of, but which sounds a lot like what I feel).

Can these be had anywhere? I know that Impreza stuff up to '01 is supposed to fit, but will WRX mounts/bushings work too?

And which bushings are really the most important? The ones holding the differential to the rear subframe, or the ones tying the subframe to the rear suspension?

If the dealers you are searching are using trademotion (which most do) it may not be listed. I hate the trademotion package. One that does not use trademotion you could check and actually lists the OEM part #'s is subarupartsforyou.com

Also renickmotorsports.com has some aftermarket polyurethane bushings available I believe.

Yeah, it's all trademotion. I did actually try subarupartsforyou.com, and it's not in their catalog (though I have had good results getting info about unlisted parts by asking them).

I guess next time it's dry I'll crawl under the car and see what actually looks bad. Might just get a whole kit - 140k is a good run for a few lumps of rubber, I suppose.

send these guys an e-mail:

http://www.turninconcepts.com/

They sell subframe lock bolts and rear x-member bushings among other things.

It's more likely an alignment problem. It could just be off, or you could have a problem with the lateral link or trailing arm bushings, or the toe adjustment bolts that attach the rear lateral links to the subframe.