Ultimate Subaru Message Board

NEED CARB HELP!!! Please dont blow me off!

Ok. My friend has an 85 carbed hitachi EA82 Wagon. He has been having trouble with the hose lines and where they all go. We have tried just about every configuration but cannot get an idle to stick. We have tried 2 carbs.

I need SOMEONE ANYONE to post some good high RES pictures of the entire vacuum setup from all angles. The FSM and Chiltons suck big time!

Please Please Please!!!:dead::confused: :confused: :mad: :mad: :horse::banghead:

This is the best I can do. It's the diagrahm for an 86 but I am 99% sure that 85 is the same.

Diagrahms can be hard to understand, but from you're work on that 2.7, I know you are capable. It's not photos, but it should tell you everything you need to know. 86CarbedVacuumDiagrahm.jpg

Also, if you have or are going to replace Vacuum lines, there is something you need to know. Inside some of the line, there are small metal plugs. Labeled as *orifice* on the diagrahms. They have small holes in them and restrict the amount of vacuum to certain parts of the system. Make sure you remove them from the old hoses, and push them up inside the new hose before installing.

Sweet buddy thanks. I totally forgot about the orfices. I will check them. I do have that same diagram but it is a huge pain in the you know what to follow when you are humped over a car, the sun is beating on your head and the wind keeps flipping your pages.:mad:

Again thanks!