Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ej22 wiring question!!! monitor?

Zefy

just patching up the rest of the harness to go into the brat and after looking at the kennedy engineering booklet (which they said they shouldn't sell me because it'd be useless for non VW's:-\) i discovered that i've cut some wires i shouldn't have.

going from the ECU there are 2 wires that branch off into oblivion and it seems i chopped em all out. the booklet calls them 'monitor wires'. dunno what those are...

Thats the plug you can plug into a "shops" computer and they tell you all the data thats on the ECU, like past errors, and what not.

I had already cut 4 wires that go to the plug before I noticed what it was also.. I just cut it out completely. The CEL is good enough for me. If you want moreI say get an MS or different aftermarket ECU.

yep, select monitor. if it was an OBD II car, it'd be more useful. but there's nothing you can get there that you can't get from the flashing CEL.

just make sure you have the read mode connectors around.

kickin'...

the read mode connectors are those green (or blue?) single plug connector that is right by the ecu right?

kickin'...

the read mode connectors are those green (or blue?) single plug connector that is right by the ecu right?

Should be one set of green and one set of black. But I'm glad you asked this question, I wasn't sure what to do with mine after I had snipped out a couple of those wires...

new question... i got 99% of my duckies in a row... wiring almost for a test start...

i got these 2 wires coming off the engine harness that i'm at a loss to do with... i think they are water temp or something...

one is a green with white stripe, other is a white with green stripe...

IMGP3041.jpg

the two pulled off to the right... what are they for???

another thing i'm wondering about... i haven't fabbed up my exhaust yet but i really wanna start it up... not having the o2 hooked up... will this make it not start or will it just run like poop? i will connect it, but obviously it's gonna be reading kinda lean...:-p