Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have a samari i use to go rockhounding up the 14000 foot mountainsand have just been given a running stock adverage condition 84 brat. do i want to keep it and ste it upfor the mtn climbs or sell it andfor how much?:Flame: :Flame:

This thread is worthless without pics!:)

It all depends on the shape of your brat..they are becoming more desireable to collectors but you have to know over all condition...if its excellent and you dont want a show car..sell it to a collector..if it is in good shape but has some flaws..fix it up ...if it has some issues but basically is mechanically good...lift that puppy and make it into an offroader...like this ( this is backwoodsboys Brat he showed at the carlisle Import Car Show in May..one of my favorite lifted Brats):

Carlisle2007017.jpg

Hey Big Guy This is Jerry, well stuff the sammy frame and running gear under the brat and go spring over. Then you use the 2.2 EJ engine with the 5 speed dual range tranny mated up to the sammy T case then you got some low gears. The sammy is the same width as the subaru, you will have to lengthen the sammy frame to fit the subie wheel base a really fun project. Thanks Jerry