Ultimate Subaru Message Board

So, I was driving down the freeway and got hit with a piece of gravel, right on the trim at the edge of the windshield, Passenger side. My windshield cracked within a day or two, and a month later the trim piece, wich looked fine other than a little ding, flew off on the freeway! It runs along the windshield and up on to the roof up to the roof rack. What would I call this piece in order to find a replacement? It's a '98 Forester.

By the way, it's held on with 3 or 4 little pegs, so not a real robust piece of engineering. It reminds me of the snap-together models I did as a kid!

Thanks!

[...]the trim at the edge of the windshield, Passenger side. [...] It runs along the windshield and up on to the roof up to the roof rack. What would I call this piece in order to find a replacement?[...]
It sounds like you're describing a windshield side reveal molding. Go to a site of one of the online dealers that use TradeMotion and "drill down" in the body/collision parts; it should show up there.

It sounds like you're describing a windshield side reveal molding. Go to a site of one of the online dealers that use TradeMotion and "drill down" in the body/collision parts; it should show up there.

Yes! That is exactly it! Thanks! I found a dealer that has it for $23.93, which is much better than I was hoping. I'll probably check a couple junk yards. I imagine that with it being December my $24 is going to start sounding really good before very long though.

Thanks again! As always, you guys are great!

-M-

A search for 'roof rack piece' came up with this recent thread:

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=77619&highlight=roof+rack+piece

Is this the same piece?

That sounds like the same piece. This was a helpful link, as it talks about the installation. Maybe I'll pick up the piece then arrange to have the windshield replaced and let them install it.

Thanks again!