Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well, I found this site after buying a '96 OB over a year ago...that car was to be a 'winter rat' and after a lot of work and time, it has become a fantastic driver. My 4X4 Nissan has not left the driveway this winter. With the help from this site, Ive fixxed all the small and large issues this car had, and it is now my daily transportation and one of my favorites of that category of all time. Today it hauled two 100 lb propane tanks, and my dogs in crates, to camp. So really, do I even need a pickup?

Reason Im asking that, is the dealer where I work took in a 2005 Outback wagon Friday. Black (my favorite car color), 40,000 miles, 2.5 automatic. Looks to have all the stuff Id care about (heated seats, mirrors, ect. not really sure what was options in '05) The original window sticker was in the glove box- it was $26,700 in 2005. I can buy it for $13,000. Half price. LOL Im probably nuts, because I have the '96 all up to speed now and no reason to spend that kind of money, but Im seriously thinking of selling the Nissan and the Outback, and making this my one and only driver. Has a hitch too, so I could tow my small utility trailer. Im a sucker for a black car, and this thing just really catches my eye. I could get a lot of years out of it, Im sure. No HG issues in a '05, right? Talk me out of it, someone! LOL.

talk you out of it? no way. more like talk you into it. lol i have an 05 xt obw. love it. 13k? id buy another 05 for that assuming vg to ex condition. there is no standard ipod or digital music device input jack though. heated seats are real nice. throw a remote start in there and youre all set. wish i could find another 05. lucky! post some pics if you buy it. and get the back 5 windows tinted as dark as possible.. thatd look wicked on a black soob. they dint have black when i went to buy or thats what i would have purchased. andy jo has a nice 05 xt obw too. im sure he'll be along soon.

You're in love! If we try to talk you out of it (her/him), we won't be invited to the wedding!

My wife drives an 05. Are the door handles color match painted to the car. It wouldn't matter in youir case since they are a standard black in the lower trim model (my car is tan (titanium pearl)... doesn't show dirt like those darker colors). The lower trim model also didn't have side airbags.

The ride is softer than my 2000 Legacy GT and it seems to roll more in the corners.

Transmission died at 15K?? but was replaced under warranty and fine now at 40K.

It's a more lux ride to be sure.

Good luck with the in-laws.