Ultimate Subaru Message Board

code problems

Need to know which car you're talking about here. I'm assuming your XT6.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49918

Contains the listing of codes and a semi-confusing explanation of the connectors. On your XT6, the connectors are in the trunk.

Oh, and how do you like Winnemucca? My room mates are moving there since they've taken jobs at Newmont.

Need to know which car you're talking about here. I'm assuming your XT6.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=49918

Contains the listing of codes and a semi-confusing explanation of the connectors. On your XT6, the connectors are in the trunk.

Oh, and how do you like Winnemucca? My room mates are moving there since they've taken jobs at Newmont.

Its all right here. Not the greatest for me cause nobody understands the concept of cruisin at all. Are they soob fans as well?? Maybe at long last there will be some other ppl here who know a thing or two.

Tell them congrats on getting the job too. I would work for newmont but after applying for them for a year straight, every 3 to 4 weeks, i havent even been called about an interview. I think they have no intentions of ever hiring me. Which mine will they be working at. Pheonix project? Twin Creeks??

23 looks like the MAF sensor.

pull it out and look at the thin wires going through it, if any are broken it needs replaced. you could try cleaning it with MAF cleaner (any auto parts store will have it) and reinstalling. and make sure all the pins/connectors are clean.

the IAC is simple...it's only one bolt holding it with a bracket onto the intake manifold. remove bolt, pull it out and keep hosing the inside air passages down with cleaner until it comes out clear and all the blackness is gone.

23 looks like the MAF sensor.

pull it out and look at the thin wires going through it, if any are broken it needs replaced. you could try cleaning it with MAF cleaner (any auto parts store will have it) and reinstalling. and make sure all the pins/connectors are clean.

the IAC is simple...it's only one bolt holding it with a bracket onto the intake manifold. remove bolt, pull it out and keep hosing the inside air passages down with cleaner until it comes out clear and all the blackness is gone.

I bought some electric component cleaner, as i was advised not to use carb cleaner, and cleaned and inspected the MAF. All the thin wires look to be intact. Made sure the wire harness was good and clean and had a solid connection.

I've looked at some of the pictures, for what few that i have found. And im confused by this because apparently the TPS and IAC are the exact same thing. Which i know is not the case. Are they hooked together in any sort of way? Finally got some good weather so i'd hopefully like to get this done so i can get the 6 back on the road.

I've looked at some of the pictures, for what few that i have found. And im confused by this because apparently the TPS and IAC are the exact same thing. Which i know is not the case. Are they hooked together in any sort of way?

they are both bolted to the throttle body, but are not the same thing.