Ultimate Subaru Message Board

KYB shocks

cd45

uhh, kyb's are a very good dependable shock. i have used them on wagons and brats.have beat the piss out of them and have never had any problems.alot of the factory placed shocks were actually kyb.the upgraded version is designated as the"gr2".i would go with those. cheers, brian

KYB also makes the "stock" OEM shock in may Subaru models. I have installed KYBs in the rear of my Brat and they work excellently.

When I bought our '91 Legacy many years ago, the previous owner gave me all the paperwork on the maintenance he had done on it. He had installed KYB GR2 gas shocks on all four wheels at 73K miles on the car. I bought the car at 93K miles. I ran those shocks without problems until I replaced them last year at 196K miles!! The rears were pretty well shot, but the fronts still had some gas left. Needless to say, I replaced them with KYBs. I wouldn't install anything else IMHO. A high quality shock at a more than reasonable price.

KYB also makes the "stock" OEM shock in may Subaru models. I have installed KYBs in the rear of my Brat and they work excellently.

When I bought our '91 Legacy many years ago, the previous owner gave me all the paperwork on the maintenance he had done on it. He had installed KYB GR2 gas shocks on all four wheels at 73K miles on the car. I bought the car at 93K miles. I ran those shocks without problems until I replaced them last year at 196K miles!! The rears were pretty well shot, but the fronts still had some gas left. Needless to say, I replaced them with KYBs. I wouldn't install anything else IMHO. A high quality shock at a more than reasonable price.

Call me ignorant but I think kybs are our only option aside from oe. But i am not sure just sounded funny. ignorance is bliss FTW:headbang: