Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
one eye

Vin # on motors

Does any one know where the vin # is located on EA81 and EA82's ? I just wanted to know to see if all the numbers match on some of my cars, I don't think they do but I want to see.:rolleyes:

Jeff

Driver's side under the windshield attached to the dash, driver's side door jam, and on the left hand side of the firewall.

Driver's side under the windshield attached to the dash, driver's side door jam, and on the left hand side of the firewall.

I know where those two are but the vin# located on the motor itself is the one that i'm looking for.

Jeff

There is no VIN # on the motor itself.

Oh, well that sums that up. I had heard that there is one somewhere on the motor.

Jeff

Oh, well that sums that up. I had heard that there is one somewhere on the motor.

Jeff

That is the motor's identification number, it is it's own separate entity.

The only car in this forum that might have a VIN on it is the XT6 and maybe a few loyales in the 93 or so age. There is a spot on most of the EA82 blocks for a vin but nothing stamped there.

Some of the Legacys in 90-94 have it, most dont.

Most of the EJ25's have it, all of the WRX's have it...all current models have it.

The only "matching numbers" old subies you might find are the ones where the dealer originally wrote the block number in the owners info packet. I Have had 2 over the years that did. Pretty rare though.