Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I Bring Tidings for those with Slushboxes!

Good Day everyone! I have some exciting news for those who haven't found this site already. If you have an automatic tranny, want to up the performance potential of your tranny(I know that sounds weird) to match your engine mods, then the folks at IPT are the people that you need to talk to. Some of the items on their site is kinda pricey(what's not these days), but still affordable. Voila and enjoy!:

http://www.importperformancetrans.com/subaruauto.shtml#main

Patrick

I just knew there was something out there to spend 4500 bucks on that has been burning a hole in my pocket.

Ha Ha..........

I wasn't really posting this for the $4500 (5EAT)transmission, unless you are really that dead bent on buying a new racing tranny. I was posting this info more for those who wanted Stall converters, sport type pressure solenoids, valve bodies, etc. If I had wanted to post this for people to make smart comments to, I would have changed the title to suit that subject and then posted it in the "OFF TOPIC" forum. I was simply trying to put more info in the hands of those who may be looking for it.

Ha Ha..........

I wasn't really posting this for the $4500 (5EAT)transmission, unless you are really that dead bent on buying a new racing tranny. I was posting this info more for those who wanted Stall converters, sport type pressure solenoids, valve bodies, etc. If I had wanted to post this for people to make smart comments to, I would have changed the title to suit that subject and then posted it in the "OFF TOPIC" forum. I was simply trying to put more info in the hands of those who may be looking for it.

Yea, shame on me for being a wise guy. With business slow, and tax season upon us, extra bucks are not what I have these days. So the frustration pours out of me these days.

Still, I am amazed that people would spend upwards of $4500 on a new racing AT. I keep thinking that a racing manual 5 or 6 speed would be the usual hot set up, so there would not be much demand for a racing AT!

[...] I keep thinking that a racing manual 5 or 6 speed would be the usual hot set up, so there would not be much demand for a racing AT!
Although track racing with ATs is done, they seem to have more application in street racing (which I'm not condoning, BTW). Sometimes just using a high-stall torque converter (that allows launches with the engine RPMs at a level where the torque is more optimal) can be enough to win a race.

Yea, shame on me for being a wise guy. With business slow, and tax season upon us, extra bucks are not what I have these days. So the frustration pours out of me these days.

Still, I am amazed that people would spend upwards of $4500 on a new racing AT. I keep thinking that a racing manual 5 or 6 speed would be the usual hot set up, so there would not be much demand for a racing AT!

Hey, I'm truly sorry for being an A--. I was still kinda doped up from the stupid cold medicine that I had to take the night before to combat this sinus congestion that I got and it made me a bit testy(+ lack of sleep). Not to mention the fact that I had a 19 month old and a newborn crying for my attention at the same time that I was typing. So I apologize for my tone.

But yeah, I understand what you mean. It would seem unless you are being backed by a sponsor, the average joe doesn't have $4500 just laying around to be spent on a racing tranny. The only way that I would purchese something like that would be if I were bracket racing, where consistancy counts. But I found the shift solenoid and valve body very interesting. I might actually end up spend the money for the shift solenoid for my Legacy GT since it seems to be difficult to find a manual transmission for a Subaru here on Okinawa.