Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What model & years did these wheels come from?

I love the look of these wheels on an OBS. Put some big, white lettered AT tires on em and the car would look tough!

I would like to know what model and years these wheels came on so I can find some at the local JY. Are they 15" or 14"? Thanks!

08.jpg

Also, if you find them, you'll be better off if all 4 have the $#(*&)% center caps! I found 4 of these wheels, with chain slap marks, 4 usable snow tires I didn't want, and a set of BRAND-NEW Les Schwab diamond chains, all for $75 on Craigslist. Thought I'd gotten a bargain. Heck, the chains alone are worth $59+ at Les Schwab!

Alas, missing the center caps... which are selling for $15 apiece :eek: up here... when you can find them... boo! Even Aaron's doesn't have them. Aaron's also gets $50 a wheel, used, even chain-marked ones, center cap or not, tire or not. I would have given up the free chains and the tires I don't need (I just bought new ones in January) to get those #@$@#$^(% caps!

Gotta find them this week, I'll never get them in Arizona...

Oh, they do. The round part in the center. If you want to know how to tell the difference, those years' OBW wheels didn't have a separate hubcap. If you can see the lugs, it's a center cap. God forbid you should lose one at the prices I'm hearing! If you ever find a spare, snag it at once.

If you want to see one close up, look either at my post in the Wanted to Buy forum (as WTB: (4) 98 OBW Wheel Center Caps, currently on page 2, I think), or take a look at the photo I uploaded under my name to the Photos section. I'm not on my own computer, so I can't upload/link to this post. The scungy wheel is one from Aaron's - and he gets $50 for them!

Mine, even honorably battle-scarred from humping over I-90 with chains, do look nice! Maybe I should post a pic of Dragon now that she's gussied up and passed emissions today. Fixed the rear wiper; now all that's left is the pax door handle, and that's not really something I need.

However, since I'm going to visit Mom next week, she has a different opinion about that... guess we'll have to fix it this weekend. Or, to be truthful, I'll get to :popcorn:watch :popcorn: aircraft-engineer lose his mind while he does so. Doors... why did it have to be doors...

At least I have the actual factory tech installation sheet for him. :-p