Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hey guys, went out Bping this weekend. And as I was coming back to the trailhead the sun was setting and my suby was being siluetted by it. I thought it was the ultimat suby statement (for now any ways) and wanted to share my pics. Others feel free to share theirs. ....or maybe I just was stinkin glad to see my car after battling 30 mph winds all night and day :eek:

P3010088.jpg

P3010082.jpg

P3010060.jpg

That is always a great feeling to see your rig at the end of a long weekend. One time me and my Dad and lil bro were camping about 2 miles straight down from the trailhead, and we had to hike out on the 3rd night in a rainstorm and I had never been happier to see that toyota on the other side of those boulders, that is until all three of us had to sleep in the cab (and its a standard cab :mad: ) but it sure beats sleepin in the weather

'Tis a beautiful thing...the last time I saw something like that, I was on my back to the trailhead and met some really cool people hiking into the bush as I was on my way out. As I reached the clearing where I had parked, there was my car...with a Loyale and an Impreza wagon next to it!

Was this up at Look Out Pass. Was the Loyale silver with a cracked windshield. This sounds very dejavouish to me. If it was the loyale was mine.

Not the instance I'm referring to (I'm thinking of Colville National Forest - up by Ione), but the event you described sounds strikingly familiar to me, too...I'm trying to remember...was the car you parked next to a green Loyale, or a maroon Outback? Because I may have been driving the Loyale then...if it's one of those cars, it was probably me. I'm 5' 9", blonde, young, etc...

I hike/backpack/snowboard/trail run quite a bit...and in doing so, I run into a lot of other Subaru owners. It wouldn't really surprise me to find out that at least one of them was a board member.

Whoa, that's weird. I wonder how often that happens with board members?

Not the instance I'm referring to (I'm thinking of Colville National Forest - up by Ione), but the event you described sounds strikingly familiar to me, too...I'm trying to remember...was the car you parked next to a green Loyale, or a maroon Outback? Because I may have been driving the Loyale then...if it's one of those cars, it was probably me. I'm 5' 9", blonde, young, etc...

I hike/backpack/snowboard/trail run quite a bit...and in doing so, I run into a lot of other Subaru owners. It wouldn't really surprise me to find out that at least one of them was a board member.

Whoa, that's weird. I wonder how often that happens with board members?

DUDE first of all we have met, remember Sweitzer Moutnain on the "day for cancer" I was the green 96 leg getting sidways on the turns behind you. You were sticking like silly putty to a newspaper. You parked right I parked left and we chatted subies for a bit before hitting the slopes. But the other instance on both accounts was neither of us (together anyways).

ON a side note isn't ineteresting that the majority of suby owners on this forum are from the PNW. IMO subies are iconic for the region and are the "new" vw of our day. And of course with that follows a certain idealogy, culture, etc, etc. Just my thoughts