Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i got two ?s for the up coming swap. i plan on beginning in the next couple weeks, im still getting the check list outa the way. lol

1) i have everything set up for the turbo on the ej22 but the feed line for the oil. where would be the best spot for the feed from the oil pump?

2) ive been reading thru the swap write-up a few times and the part on re-drilling the flywheel got me. my buddy at the machine shop will do it for $30 with resurfacing but he said to def. double check about the balancing and lining up. is there a certain way or is the motor internally balanced like i thought so re-drilling wont b a biggie?

thanx guys

1) Stock, the oil feed comes from a different rear cam cap (different than naturally aspirated), on the rear of the passenger side head.

2)The motor is balanced internally, so assuming you are starting out with a balanced flywheel, and don't manage to drill the flywheel too badly, the balanced condition should remain (the center of the flywheel centers on a lip on the end of the crank).

I suppose, if you don't wish to buy anything, a "T" at the oil pressure sender, and a carefully routed oil line, would get the job done.

Remembering:

The pressure sender is in a, well, not a "happy spot" for fooling with after the alternator is mounted.

You ideally should be trying to keep pressure line runs to a minimum length (less chance of messing up).

To the best of my knowledge all turbo cars have an oil cooler, manufacturers do not do this "lightly" (because it adds extra expense).

thanx guys.. ya if u can post a pic of it that would be awesome. i was thinking the sending unit aswell. i am putting a aftermarket one on. figured thro a t on there with the dif unit. if i can get the oem cap/fitting for the line cheap i will most def go that route.