Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all,

Since I've bought a new Subaru, I have been received several surveys from non Subaru companies and organizations and most of them says that I have a chance to win the prize like $30K, $10K things like that.

Subaru dealership promised and I signed the contract that they don't disclose my private info.... I guess these organizations get the infos from DOT or something.... They know what car I have.

Since its my first purchase of the brand new vehicle in US, I would like to know others' comment on this kind of survey.

Also if you financed your vehicle they can tell you just got a vehicle loan by looking at your credit report. For a soft inquiry they might not know the details but I would imagine those co's can tell trw etc 'we want to rent a mailing list with people who got a car loan within the last 30 days'.

It isn't only LOANS - I paid $$ (wrote a check) for the Taurus and got JUNK mail for months. :mad:

IF I still lived at my other place it would have made nice fire starter :grin:

Makes cute shreds, though. :-p

(no fireplace here - and for those of you basking in sunshine - it's the SNOW BELT HERE TODAY + c.c.c.cold. That's "under 40" to us. Rain is a lot easier to get off the car :rolleyes: )