Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Any one in reno want to help me replace my drive shafts?

now I cant tell if my CV or drive shaft is bad?:confused:

That's one of those experience things. The only really bulleproof way to tell is to remove them, dissasemble them, and inspect them for wear. Order new boots, and buy NLGI #2 moly grease for the job. Clean them out, inspect them, and reboot them with new grease. Chances are about 50/50 the axles aren't bad - they may have old grease that's turned to goo - that in itself will eventually kill them though so again it's a WAG as to the condition of the axles without a detailed inspection. Anyone that tells you different hasn't done enough axles.

The condition of your transmission mounts and your struts play into all of this. A bad set of mounts, or a bad set of gas struts can cause severe vibration in the drivetrain - eventually leading to CV and DOJ failure.

GD

Well it just started yesterday after driving it hard. The vibration only happens under power and in gear. When I down shift its fine. When starting in first gear it starts shaking its like the steering wheel is jerking to the left. The closest thing to the feeling is having warped rotors and coming to a stop but I am not stoping so I dont know whats going on. When I give it alot of power there is some metal hitting in tune with the shake in the steering wheel.:confused: