Ultimate Subaru Message Board

If anybody read the post from Rhinoculips about ccr reputation, I was writing about the problems that I had with the company. After that post CCR and I ended up finding the problem with my motor. So yes I can finally say that they stand behind their work, and they have good customer service.:)

It's your transaction, and if you're happy, then I respect that. However, you were shipped two rebuilt engines with serious defects . Most shops would want a minimum of $500 for a engine install, so you'd be out at least $1000 for unnecessary labor charges. Plus, how many weeks was your car off the road as the result of receiving two bum rebuilt engines? If it happened to me I'd be out for blood, figuritively speaking. It's a lot of money for a rebuilt engine, I would want it right the first time. Kinda like heart surgery.

It's your transaction, and if you're happy, then I respect that. However, you were shipped two rebuilt engines with serious defects . Most shops would want a minimum of $500 for a engine install, so you'd be out at least $1000 for unnecessary labor charges. Plus, how weeks was your car off the road as the result of receiving two bum rebuilt engines? If it happened to me I'd be out for blood, figuritively speaking. It's a lot of money for a rebuilt engine, I would want is right the first time. Kinda like heart surgery.

I think you need anger management classes. :)

It's your transaction, and if you're happy, then I respect that. However, you were shipped two rebuilt engines with serious defects . Most shops would want a minimum of $500 for a engine install, so you'd be out at least $1000 for unnecessary labor charges. Plus, how weeks was your car off the road as the result of receiving two bum rebuilt engines? If it happened to me I'd be out for blood, figuritively speaking. It's a lot of money for a rebuilt engine, I would want is right the first time. Kinda like heart surgery.

I agree with you, at least to a point. No, I wouldn't expect blood, but, I would want at the very least, a credit toward future purchase.

Just my two.

I agree with you, at least to a point. No, I wouldn't expect blood, but, I would want at the very least, a credit toward future purchase.

Just my two.

"Credit toward future purchase"? Why would you want to do more business with a company that sent you two bum engines? Here's the downside to the rebuilt/used engine business, they make a mistake, and you are probably out at least $500 everytime.

Most people pay for a rebuilt short block or used engine because they need their car, and they want the least possible down time. If your car is off the road for weeks because someone sent you two bum engines you didn't get what you paid for.

You're much better off paying a shop for an engine/install package. BUY the engine from the shop doing the install. That way, if the engine is a dud, you at least have a shot at getting them to eat the re-install labor. ALWAYS do business with an instate shop, you will at least have easy access to small claims court.

Say you buy a used/rebuilt engine and then have a local shop install it. Well, the engine pukes its' guts out one week after it's installed. Too often the rebuilder says, "we sent you a good engine, that installer of yours screwed it up". The installer says, "we did a perfect install job, that rebuild company of yours sent us a bad engine". Want a nightmare, try that situation on for size.

My opinion ? I think a large percentage of the time when someone is burnt by a used/ rebuilt engine they eventually give up trying and just go away. The only reason I got a replacement engine for a rebuilt engine that failed in my car is because I went to court. The rebuilder I used seemed to a have a well used routine of deny and delay, deny and delay, deny and delay. Probably most customers aren't angry enough to go through the hassle of going to court and just walk away from a $3,000 screwing. I'd rather be called angry than a sap.