Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4WD EXPERTS HELP, Need spring Info

Are the 4WD wagon springs taller/stronger spring rate than the 4WD sedans?

lve read that people try to snag RX springs when ever possable, does this "better spring thing "apply to the 85/86's sedan RX's/gl10's If so How????? This question applies primarilly for the rears, but feel free to share any/all info that you have on springs for all applications. both stock + upgrades ect. II really need to get some stiffer rears (badly),

Also, does anyone know why my 85 RX came with NO rear bumpstops at all.WTH??????????????????????????????????????????

Thanks everyone:cool:

NO_STOPS.jpg

You're RX Front springs are probably the stiffest you can get.

For Rears, IIRC the 4wd wagon springs are almost as high a spring rate as the RX, and might be a bit taller.

I know regular sedans have way softer springs than 4wd wagons.

Oh yeah, only wagons had bumpstops.

I put the same years in for all EA82s. so obviously the RX years aren't quite right, but you get the idea. now I just have to add in lengths

springspecs.jpg

also, 2.5" ID springs available from Ground-Control fit perfectly in the rear. I've got some 12" long 250lb/in ones in the back of my car. awesome handling, and higher-than-stock ride height (maybe an inch of lift...).