Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Swish swish swish taking hard left turns

Hello,

I have a 05 WRX. Unknowingly I drove about 70 miles(highway) on a low rear tire(15psi) vs 33psi on the other rear tire.

I had the tire fixed(nail) and now taking harder lefts I hear swish swish swish. What is up? Tire pressures are 35psi Front/32psi Rear.

also.....take a look at your pinch welds....there are very small water drain slits that run all the way down the pinch weld.....it is pretty common that those get clogged up over time....you could just take a flat blade screwdriver and hammer and make sure they are opened up all the way.....

hahahaha I just had this happen a few mins ago.

Its water form the AC not draining proper from behind the dash.

With a hard left I heard swish swish, sloush and water poured out from under the dash onto the floor matte.

Thanks for the suggestion but it is more mechanical sounding and coming from the rear of the car.

how exactly was the tire fixed? they didnt put that green slime in it did they? patch/ plug? are you sure its most acurately defined as a "swish"?....

Actually more acurate now is a swish/grinding sound only turning hard left.

The tire was fixed with an interior patch albeit for $4(special?) at Town Fair Tire.

not saying that it cant happen from a flat tire....but are you sure the noise wasnt there before you had your flat? its not like a humming sound is it? if you have the means definately do a through visual inspection of the car before anything else......how many miles are on this wrx? automatic? manual?

Either a loose and shifting rear caliper.......

Or a wheel bearing.

I don't think it's related to you're low tire

You were correct. It was a shifted rear caliper that ended up wearing a groove into the worn 50k+ rotors. So simple pad(original and worn) and rotor replacement fixed the problem.