Ultimate Subaru Message Board

what's this ea81 interior part, and where does it go?

snaps on to the rear seat bottom when it is folded up position. It is a protector for when the back seat portion folds down, where the headrest would meet the bottom as it is folded front.

i

--edit, this is for my 94 leg wagon. maybe ea wagon different? -if ea not need this, then discard into trash.

snaps on to the rear seat bottom when it is folded up position. It is a protector for when the back seat portion folds down, where the headrest would meet the bottom as it is folded front.

i

--edit, this is for my 94 leg wagon. maybe ea wagon different? -if ea not need this, then discard into trash.

Sorry to bring this one back from the dead.

But I remembered it when I was pulling the rear seat out of my '83 and saw those little parts.

You were right.

They do go on the seat bottom of an EA81. they fit over the end of the hinge that is mounted to the bottom of the seat. There are two plastic "loops" on top of the seatback near the ends that fits over them when the seat is all folded down. My seat is no longer in the car, but I could fit them together and take pics if ya want.

guess I'll have to put my rear seat down and look around for where it might go...

so there's 2 of them? that should make it easy if the other one is still in-tact, but if it isn't then I'll be asking for pics of where they go...

thanks gang!

--Spiffy

Yup two of them one on each seat hinge.

Some pics. :)

seatthingy1.jpg

The part in question on the end of the hinge.

seatthingy2.jpg

What it would look like folded down.

Figured I'd get them before the seats were packed away up in the shop.

Don't need more than the front seats in a wheeler. Gave me a good spot to mount my spare. And even had to crank the suspension adjuster down, so it lost a noticable amount of weight. :grin: