Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Quick Brake Question

im getting ready to order some brakes for my 88 dl 4wd. Im curious if theres an easier way to explain to the parts counter on what i want. Let me explain. When i was looking for plugs and wires for my car someone told me to say i had a 1994 subaru loyale 4wd. They told me that it gave the people at the parts counter less confusion. I dont want to end up with ea81 parts when the whole thing has been tore down already. Any help would be great in the next 30 minutes.

Ben

you could probably just do the loyale trick again - front and rear (disc verses drum of course) brakes are all identical for EA82 i believe.

then ask them for EA81 brake parts to make sure they're different...or verify they're the same - i don't know anything about EA81 stuff.

I have never had any issues getting the wrong brake pads for my Loyale....Like mentioned..just say you have a 90-94 Loyale and you will be fine

Calipers are different between EA81 and EA82..thats why EA81 wagon wheels wont work on EA82s unless you grind out part of the caliper...if you give me a few moments I can cross refrence some part numbers and varify if EA81 and EA82 pads are different or not

Ben.

You should start getting parts at Auburn Subaru (formerly 1st subaruparts.com)

They will ALWAYS get you the right ones and all you do s tell them year make model, ask for Jason.

you will find thier prices to be cheaper than aftermarket places are around here. And the parts will get here quick.

I got some stuff i need to order, we could split shipping even.

cummon you know that subaru parts arent abundent at certain places. I half to order them from another state so bringing in a comparison isnt an option:)

Ben

Ben.

You should start getting parts at Auburn Subaru (formerly 1st subaruparts.com)

They will ALWAYS get you the right ones and all you do s tell them year make model, ask for Jason.

you will find thier prices to be cheaper than aftermarket places are around here. And the parts will get here quick.

I got some stuff i need to order, we could split shipping even.

Its still 1stsubaru.com websight but the parts werent cheeper. I got my rotors for 25 bucks each.

Buy the way. Kudos to subaru for makeing a brake job quite terrable. Even with the help of mick and the right tool it still stunk. Give me a american car brake job any day. But the deed is done and i can stop now. Funny thing that wheel beariing noise went away:grin: . Thanks for your help again mick. It was too hot to do that stuff but it needed to be done.

Ben

• 4 weeks later...