Ultimate Subaru Message Board

GL Turbo 4WD in SoCal says 'Hi'

I recently picked up a clean 1986 GL Turbo 4WD (push-button) wagon with only 143k on it and in great shape so i thought i'd check in to see if there are any 'Older Generation' Subaru people in the L.A./O.C. areas. I made a lot of friends when i first got into Subarus but i just don't relate to the younger, newer gen. of WRX/STi owners...

I've owned 6 Subarus over the last 8 years. Some of my favorites included a pristine '93 Legacy Touring (Turbo) Wagon, my 2000 2.5RS (1st Subaru, which i bought new) and of course the GL. Even though i stray from the brand a little (like when i had an '89 Volvo 740 powered by an LT1/Tremec 6-spd; damn i miss that one) I always seem to come back to interesting Subarus. One day i'll post pics of everything on my site...

:banana:

1st n00b question: What are the engine/trans. differences between the '86 and '87 GL turbos? I'm guessing not much, but i did notice '87's grew 4 more hp.

And if anyone has some original 'Wagon' wheels for sale in the area, let me know.

-Branden

Welcome to the Board

It's nice to see other people take an interest in the older soobs.

Most of the people who own the older stuff have them purely for utilitarian purposes.

Don't know much about the EA82s but it would still be nice to get together and chat.

what part of the LA area are you at?

RE: the wagon wheels, call this guy and see if he still has some.

626 588-7188 or 626 487-9050 forgot his name, but he buys and sell a lot of BRATs.

BW