Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My '92 Loyale Wagon Beach Buggy Project

kamikaz

I just bought my first Loyale wagon a couple of weeks ago. Believe it or not,to replace my '05 Dodge Durango which was great on the beach but between the payments,insurance & gas prices, I had to give it up.I've had an '87 Suby Justy GL for about a year now & I really like it a lot. So I figured if I'm goin' used 4x4, I might as well get another Suby! So this is my new beach buggy project! I'll take pics as it comes along.

web1.jpg

Plans:

4" SJR lift kit

15" Pugs w/ Bridgestone Dueler 235/70/15 A/T Revo

Tinted windows

Pioneer CD w/ Sirius

Custom rod/cooler rack up front

Thule roof rack w/ kayak rack

:headbang:

yeah,it's a 5-speed push button 4x4

Nice well that makes it a lot easier, another tip, make sure that the dual range that you use is out of a non-turbo car! The turbo cars came with a 3.7 and the non-turbo are 3.9 and have a lower low range gear! So good luck with your project!:headbang:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Got my D/R tranny today!:banana: Bought the whole car, an 86 GL wagon, for $300.00. Thinking about doin' a complete tranny swap between the two cars, fixin' all the little BS stuff that's wrong with the 86 & puttin' it up for sale. More to come!:D

Sweet You are gonna love the 5 spd d/r! I remember my first swap, what a difference! Keep us posted on your progress! When are you getting the lift?

I was thinking a set of Bridgestone Duelers in a 235/70R/15 or do ya' think I can go BIGGER!?:grin:

What size lift are you using? Those are pretty big! You want to remember that it is just a little subaru with like 90 horse! So you want to have enough power to turn them! But I have 205/75/14 on my brat with a 3" lift I could go an inch or so bigger with no mod but I don't have a lot of power! Those measured 26 and 1/4 inches new.:)

What would you recommend with a 4" lift & 15" Pugs? I don't want to give too much power & I don't want to cut or pound anythjng! But the wider the foot of the tire, the better it'll roll on the sand.:grin:

Well sand is a very dense material and "sucks" up a lot of a vehicles power. So you probably wanna go with a fairly conservative size. Probably something that measures 26-27 inches will work okay But I definately wouldn't go any bigger than that! You are going to notice quite a difference in power with those already so If you are able to measure anything and maybe even mock up than that might work.:banana: