Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Well, I've been lurking on and off for about a year now, and coincidently I've also been driving my Legacy for right at a year, so I figured it was time to surface and say hi, and actually get some opinions from people who know what they're talking about.

Here she was when I first got her a year ago, kind of sad and beat looking. It did have some ungodly ugly hubcaps, but I pulled those off as fast as I could.

P1000059.jpg

P1000060.jpg

P1000062-1.jpg

A year and a good bit of work later, here she is in all her glory.

p1000195uh8.jpg

By quilld, shot with DMC-LZ6 at 2008-09-03

p1000194wt8.jpg

p1000193hj1.jpg

p1000191yr6.jpg

What do you all think? I know it still sits like a monster truck in the front, and I plan on repainting the bit of trim at the top before much longer. I'd like to get a set of springs to make it sit a bit less awkwardly, but I wouldn't know what to look for.

looks like a nice car. looks like a really, really nice place to live. great view.!!!

i love virginia.

you can put on outback struts (96 - 99) and lift it up a little, no need to change the springs unless the struts come with them... and larger tires for that matter. it will throw off your speedometer a little if you go with larger diameter tires, but it will lift it even more. if you just paid for new tires, you may want to wear them out before you replace them. but the struts will still work.

how do you like driving it??? i assume it's AWD??? i put 90k miles on a 93 just like that, from 75k to 165k. all i had to pay for was brakes and timing belt, and then i had an accident. it was a great car!!!! that's what convinced me to stick with subaru.

It's a fantastic daily driver, never had any issues, and the transmission and engine are both still going strong. As far as tires and wheels go, I just had those WRX wheels and new Bridgestone Fuzions put on less then a 1,000 miles ago, and have been happy with them as of so far. It actually has a set of KYB struts on it currently, a huge improvement over the 400% shot ones that were on there before. As far as how it sits, I was actually wanting to take it in the opposite direction. As much fun as it would be to jack it up, lower and stiffer would probably be more practical, I'm just not positive(have no idea) on what springs to look for.

As far as Virginia goes, it's great. I can be in the mountains in less then 15 minutes, or at the beach in under three hours. It just can't be beaten. I'll have to get some shots of it on the Blue Ridge Parkway sometime.

Edit: Yes, it's AWD.

As far as how it sits, I was actually wanting to take it in the opposite direction. As much fun as it would be to jack it up, lower and stiffer would probably be more practical, I'm just not positive(have no idea) on what springs to look for.

i recently read an ad for lowering springs, try including that in your search details. i can't remember what car it was for or if it was here or on www.crazedlist.org. (that's a great search site for http://www.craigslist.com (?). if you use 'crazedlist' you'll need the mozilla firefox browser with the 'web developement' add on, or what ever they call it. they are both free.

welcome to the party!!! :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Thanks, pretty useful site.

Now I just need figure out what exactly will fit, I'm getting results from a set of lightly used WRX springs and struts to a full blown 2008 legacy Bilstein suspension. Anyone have any clue what would fit?

I know that wrx spring would fit because I used them on mine and loved them!!:)