Ultimate Subaru Message Board

tire size

lonnie

I think pre 83 or 82 it was 165/75R13's and after that it was 175/70R13's. Both are very close to the same OD and make the speedo work correctly.

the tire size calculator says it's a 2.4% difference between 175 and 185, so 4.8% from 165 to 185... so yeah, not really enough to notice on an analog gauge if you use 175's...

--Spiffy

the tire size calculator says it's a 2.4% difference between 175 and 185, so 4.8% from 165 to 185... so yeah, not really enough to notice on an analog gauge if you use 175's...

--Spiffy

What your missing is its 165/75 and 175/70... theres a .4% difference.

And most speedos can be out by up to 5% out of the factory

And thats not even taking into consideration that most tires are different by up to 5% as well. I think it was Zap that posted a picture of 5? different 27" OD tires which varied in almost 2" OD size.

Edited by Phizinza

What your missing is its 165/75 and 175/70... theres a .4% difference.

And most speedos can be out by up to 5% out of the factory

And thats not even taking into consideration that most tires are different by up to 5% as well. I think it was Zap that posted a picture of 5? different 27" OD tires which varied in almost 2" OD size.

hehe, you're right, I totally missed the 75/70 part...

but yeah, get as close as you can to the size you want... and get a gps if you want to know how fast it makes you go... (:

--Spiffy