Ultimate Subaru Message Board

weber 32/36 dfav

DaveAP

I wouldn't recomend you pick the df series weber up for your brat. The throttle linkage for one will be on the wrong side ect. I know those are most commonly used on old vw's. The one that you need for your brat is the 32/36 dgev or dgv.

can you just turn the carb 180 degrees?

I wouldn't recomend you pick the df series weber up for your brat. The throttle linkage for one will be on the wrong side ect. I know those are most commonly used on old vw's. The one that you need for your brat is the 32/36 dgev or dgv.

Actually the dfav is just fine. I have one mounted on my son's brat and the only issue was re-routing the throttle cable. In some respects it fits better than the dgav that I have on my brat.

Actually the dfav is just fine. I have one mounted on my son's brat and the only issue was re-routing the throttle cable. In some respects it fits better than the dgav that I have on my brat.

Based on that I think I will buy it. It is going for 50 bucks. I have one on my '78 brat, and my mechanic made a simple cable holder by bending a large flat washer over (crimping ) the cable housing. It has held for many many miles.

If anyone has the adaptor plate I am interested. Thanks, dp.

Based on that I think I will buy it. It is going for 50 bucks. I have one on my '78 brat, and my mechanic made a simple cable holder by bending a large flat washer over (crimping ) the cable housing. It has held for many many miles.

If anyone has the adaptor plate I am interested. Thanks, dp.

If you like, I'll send you a pic of my son's weber (df...); drop me an email address. I may have an adapter plate for you; let me check on it.

If you like, I'll send you a pic of my son's weber (df...); drop me an email address. I may have an adapter plate for you; let me check on it.

Thanks, that would be nice. Im starting to get a small pile of stuff to improve the '87 brat. I bought that carb today for 50 bucks. came with fuel regulator, and a couple of kn filters. I also have a set of rear dics, that I may have bought from you a long while ago. If I had the money I'd get in on one of the lift deals goiing on now. My email addy is davepurce@cableone.net. thanks, dp

If anyone wants to see the pics, I will post them in my photo album. Things to note are the DF weber doesn't interfere with the distributor on the passenger side and there's no trouble with the linkage on the right. I got the linkage adapter at BowWow Auto Parts in Lynnwood, WA. If memory serves me, it cost around $20. In some ways I like this setup better than the DG.