Ultimate Subaru Message Board

new member in Oregon

For image or link posting:

One: (for image only) the Image needs to have its own URL aka Website link,

http://photobucket.com

is great for that, it will give you direct links and its free to use! just copy the direct link then while you input your text in the box here at the top will be some buttons, click the yellowish one with two litlle mountain things in it. another window will pop up.

paste your image link there. and thats it. If it is a link to the image only it should show when you finish entering your text and select 'SUBMIT REPLY' or whatever.

to do a webpage link if you dont already know, to the left of the image button is a little globe (earth) with a chain link in front. click that and paste the URL to the website you want to link and TADA! :clap:

Hi, i'm new also. I am from SE Portland and have a 81 gl wagon I use for daily transport. I love my wagon to death even though it has a big dent in the fender.

Is anyone in my area good at swapping out axles ? I'm kinda looking to pay someone to come over and swap mine out, I have a garage and tools, but no time to do it. I have not yet taken it wheeling because i'm afraid i'm going to snap an axle.... ripped boots and noisy.

Patrick

new plane ? i fly sailplanes, scale and r/c ! so i lost my rear wheel on the way home from browns. the whole wheel came off ! someone forgot to put the cotter pin in :banghead: still alive but now i need parts.

Ouch. Reminds me all my pins are in but I need to pick up some spares so's I got 'em when working on it.

Yeah I do R/C. Had just finished up a F4U Corsair.

I gave it a bit too much control surface throw though (was still within spec, just at the upper end of it) for a first flight and after about 2-3 minutes had a nice gust throw it off.... I over compensated and it was about 50 or so feet up, about a half second later it was a pile of bits embedded in the ground. :( Looks like the surviving electronics will be going into my Cessna once I rebuild it. I had fun building it and flying for those few minutes though!

Makes me love my Cub that much more. So smooth it has not seen the ground in a bad way in over a year. And I fly it all crazy. :)