Ultimate Subaru Message Board

My First Subaru, Details And Pics As Promised

I got my first Subaru yesterday, saturday. It is a 1987 DL 4x4 5 Speed Wagon. Only 126,000 Miles on it. So heres the story. The car was given to me in trade for doing about $300 in work to my stepfathers truck, he got it in trade for demolishing an old mobile home. It had been sitting for about a year, so I threw a new/used battery in it and after a little cranking it fired right up. The water pump and alternator were replaced right before it was parked. It was parked because the older couple who owned could no longer safely drive it. So in all the car runs and drives great and needs almost nothing, just a tune up and new front CV's.

1f612b1403n23o83la8bp4f925968810e1d.jpg1261471383n03m53l98bpbeac347a0e4414.jpg

1291311413n93oe3lc8bp75d9389a0e6417.jpg

Congratulations! and welcome to the wonderful world of Subaru!

Looks like it is in pretty good shape (as compared to the ones around here) some good old fashioned basic maintenance and she will give you many years of reliable service.

you mention the water pump being replaced just before it was parked - did it get new timing belts as well?? personally, i would go ahead and change them anyway since it was sitting for a while...