Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New here balls bustsed

Hey guys, Im new here. Got my balls busted on a post. lucky for me SOMEONE acually took the time to tell me how this thing works so here goes.

I have owned 58 subarus in the last 20 years. I enjoy fixing them up and selling them. I think of it as saving them from the crusher. I used to work on subarus at a dealership. Seems like all we did was head gask. Most of the subarus I find are in a box. One time I bought one from a guy, he was going to "restore" it. This thing was gutted he pulled all the fuses out of the fuse box, the engine and trans were in a box in the trunk. You would not beleve the misssing bolts and screws. There was not one seat left in the car. It was a mess. Anyway, now that you guys kind of know me maybe I can get altiile slack. I am new to this board but not to fixing subarus. The one i am driving now I kind of like. It is the longest I have owned a subaru. I have had it for about 3 years. I built a lift for it, did a spi swapfirst, then a ej22, put 27's on it. If I would have known about this board it would have been alittle easer. Once I figure out how to post some pics on the board I will.

Thanks guys.

Edited by subajeep

I have owned 58 subarus in the last 20 years. I enjoy fixing them up and selling them. I think of it as saving them from the crusher.

It's good to see that there are guys like you out there, some people like to just get the 100 or 200 dollar Subaru's and just "finish them off", but in all reality they could be fixed up and passed on, like for a first car.

Anyways welcome aboard here, there is a lot of valuable info here, you just got to keep your gaurd up a little, cause everynow and then.........:-\

but welcome!:grin::):clap:

Jeff

Yup, lot's of head gaskets. The dealer here is pretty stingy so I think we end up doing more than they do. We have a new gasket from Northeast for the single cam 2.5's that might do the trick. Once we get some miles on some of them I will let everyone know.

Tim