Ultimate Subaru Message Board

stock(oem):)... the brat most likely doesn't have an MAF sensor. what people don't understand is these types of filters still let grime into your engine, oil can get past these filters. Its marketing at its finest.

Edited by PeterD

K&N and soobs dont mix to well, they tend to foul the MAF and other systems its the oil in them that caused the problems. this will open a can of worms debate, but i am the :horse: one on this.

can of worms opened zzz

IF you have FLAPPER DOOR air flow sensor, YOU WILL BE FINE :banana:

im well aware of the car he is speaking of.

something interesting i had saved in my favorites is this filter flow test. though the test is based off a mazda miata the idea is there

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest2.htm

read it if you like, take what you want from it. I have never seen an aftermarket filter or experienced any gain in power or fuel economy with a k&N type filter. that being said i could never recomend one. That being said if you like them go for it, I just don't see the point. I was a kid once and though all the aftermarket stuff was great but i have now realized I was wrong.