Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Kill Switch Ideas

my ignition switch is shot I was thinking of some kind of kill switch set up

there are a lot of switches out there what is the amp and volt needed to handel the power of the ignition switch

I have a push button for the ignition but the on and off of the key I dont need it to burn out when I am out there you know

the easiest way is to wire a starter button($5.00) to the starter

hide the switch like everyone said

but have that switch hooked up to another somewhere else

you can hide this very well by having the first switch next to your seat adjust handle, adjust seat when you enter

place key in and turn on, now have the real starter button on the floor. passengers wont even notice

i had a 91 VW fox that had the infamous VW ignition problem so i wired the starter with this set up:banana:

my ignition switch is shot I was thinking of some kind of kill switch set up

there are a lot of switches out there what is the amp and volt needed to handel the power of the ignition switch

I have a push button for the ignition but the on and off of the key I dont need it to burn out when I am out there you know

Be careful with the pushbutton starter switches. They cannot handle long tern use.

Ask Seahag1979 about it.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showpost.php?p=778832&postcount=22

Edited by Turbone

I have a relay pack that I used in my 83 wagon when the key cylinder died. Basically, it used three microswitches and a push button to imitate the positions of the key. So to start the car, you had to have all three switches on and then push the button to run the starter. Bonus: the relays don't care about extended use.

If you want I can tell you how to build one. THe nice thing is that the little switches don't look like they do anything because they are so small. I put mine on the console below the radio, but you could just as easily install them elsewhere.