Ultimate Subaru Message Board

reasonably priced transmission in WA?

a friend of mine has a '93 Legacy wagon 2wd auto and her transmission went out so i am wondering where i can find her a new or used but low miles or rebuilt transmission for less than $1000 and preferably around 300-500. every transmission we have found has over 215k miles on it or cost upwards of $2000. we are looking for something in the south west washington or north west oregon area (i.e. vancouver, or portland region)

thank you for your help, and thank you for being the best Subaru resource i have ever found (i personally own a '84 gl wagon)

The shop my brother and I use, was quoting me $500-$600 plus labor for a low mileage tranny about 3 years ago, not sure where there source is, but it is in Washington or Oregon. If it's for a turbo car, they are $1000 :rolleyes:

thank you guys for your replies i think i will likely go with superior Import Repair (fixmysuby.com) but have yet to actually call for a price check as now my friend is being wishy washy about whether she wants to stay an auto or do a manual tranny conversion