Ultimate Subaru Message Board

86 station wagon question

there is a 86 wagon for sale: 1.8L, 4 wheel drive & 5 speed. I don't know all the details yet and no model type was listed in the ad.... looks like a Loyale model.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/cto/1035306094.html

are there any other models than the Loyale wagon for that year? I have a 93 Loyale front wheel drive 3 auto wagon with 105k miles and wanted to use the 86 as parts/swap out, wanted to swap the 4 wheel drive and 5 speed.. is this possible? my body is in better condition so i wanted to move everything to my 93.... or is the 86 a better keeper?

there is a 86 wagon for sale: 1.8L, 4 wheel drive & 5 speed. I don't know all the details yet and no model type was listed in the ad.... looks like a Loyale model.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/mau/cto/1035306094.html

are there any other models than the Loyale wagon for that year? I have a 93 Loyale front wheel drive 3 auto wagon with 105k miles and wanted to use the 86 as parts/swap out, wanted to swap the 4 wheel drive and 5 speed.. is this possible? my body is in better condition so i wanted to move everything to my 93.... or is the 86 a better keeper?

The tranny would work, but not much else and it's kinda spendy for a parts car.

The tranny would work, but not much else and it's kinda spendy for a parts car.

Everything else would work too.

Only stuff that is different is that the 86 will be carbed and the 93 is FI

But the 86 engine could still be bolted into the 93. Also things like brakes, axles, hub/knuckles, calipers, wheel cylinders, headlights, window glass......etc, etc.... will all swap between the 2 cars.

That's crazy my dad's name is Darwin, and so is the guy in the CL add, I thought my dad was the only Darwin Ever.................... Anyways

you could do a swap like that but it would be a lot of swaping stuff over, you would have to swap over pedal boxes, axles run a clutch cable, the list would go on and on, but if you where wanting to do it for a project that would be cool, other wise, for other parts the axles don't even match AT axles differ from 4x4 axle........................

Jeff

Everything else would work too.

Only stuff that is different is that the 86 will be carbed and the 93 is FI

But the 86 engine could still be bolted into the 93. Also things like brakes, axles, hub/knuckles, calipers, wheel cylinders, headlights, window glass......etc, etc.... will all swap between the 2 cars.

Still kinda spendy for a parts car. Personally, I'd rather see it live then die but...

If you chance the hub out too.................... 2WD push button and d/R are the same AT and turbos are different.................

Jeff

BS man. Sorry. But all EA82s use the same front hub.

All non turbo EA82 axles will interchange.

Only turbo and/or fulltime 4wd models used 25 spline axles that will not work. Still those would easily interchange if the proper trans was installed as well.

Rear are different, but of course he wouldn't be using spare rear axles on a 2wd.