Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Did I wait too long on my knock sensor replacement?

A couple of years ago a CEL came on (p0328- knock sensor). I always said I would change it myself and never did. So finally after 2 years, I just had the dealer do it last week.

The first thing I noticed when I got the car back, was a slight sputtering when I was stopped at a light. A couple of days later, the CEL came on again. I went to Autozone and the codes came as follows:

P0328- knock sensor

P0127- throttle position sensor (although another reference said air too hot)

P0171- fuel too lean

P0130- O2 sensor fault

I guess my question is this... Did the dealer do something wrong? Or did all these other problems occur during the 2 years of my putting off any repairs? (I never read the code in the 2 years, so if there were other codes before my dealer visit, I wouldn't have known.)

Look under the dash on the drivers side near the gas pedal. You will see two green connectors. if they are connected disconnect them and all will be well.

They are to be connected just for diagnostics. Sometimes (we are all human) a mechanic will get distracted and forget to unplug them.

nipper