Ultimate Subaru Message Board

hmm...i haven't really checked mine out so i'm not sure how they're set up. light fixtures have a nagging problem with yellowing and fading over time. auto stores sell a kit for buffing them out and it can make worlds of difference. and of course you'll want to check your alignment as well, maybe they're off for some reason.

if i wasn't on dial-up i'd post pictures of a friend of mine's legacy he did that too just this year. amazing difference.

yes, the lights are yellow and faded and the light on the passenger side has a small hole in it, so I'm going to replace both. Just looking for a good replacement lights. I noticed driving home last night that they don't project light very far to the sides of the car.

"lights" is confusing. let's go with "lenses" and "bulbs". you need to clean or get new lenses. if they're cost prohibitive the cleaner works really well. if you get new ones, post the price i'm curious what they run. my OBW is about middle of the road right now light wise, probably a good thing to attack this summer.

sometimes if you are patient you can find the glass JDM lenses on ebay or even Nasioc even in the JYs. It also helps to get away from the conventional stock bulbs and go with some hyperwhites or HIDs. You can also add the projection style fog lights to help.

I do 90% of my driving at night ( graveyard hours ugh) and on narrow deer infested roads..I am picky about my lights too.

The buffing of the lenses works fantastic ..but you will have to redo it every couple years. I will be doing my Legacys very very soon.

You should also consider upgrading the wires to your lights. the OE wire gauge is small. Upgrading to a 10 gauge wire, will increase the "brightness" of your lights. There are a few options/instructions out there on the web, that most can re-work if you have a little mechanical knowledge.