Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Had my motor out of the Legacy so I decided to look at the plugs, because the driver's side is so much more accessable. All four plugs are white. Motor ran fine though. I have a full modular cold air intake and a Flowmaster on the stock exhaust (yes, I always recalibrate the computer). Could it be a bad O2 sensor? Haven't checked any codes yet, will get running today hopefully. CEL comes on randomly due to the underdrive pulley making my knock sensor act up when the A/C is running.

From the motorcycle world, I've heard that today's fuel and engine mappings don't leave a plug nearly as brown as they used to.

Dave

Agree with Dave. Old plugs I pull are white now are whitish. I am guessing that the hotter spark in today's plugs cause this. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Agree with Dave. Old plugs I pull are white now are whitish. I am guessing that the hotter spark in today's plugs cause this. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Burning holes in my pistons? Well, it runs just fine though. But, I read somewhere that "you can run rich all day but run lean only once".