Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Removing Doors on an 87 GL

I want to take the doors of the Sedamn for a trip to the dunes. If i recall those doors are heavy. I have power windows and was wonding if its easy to disconnect the power to the windows. i.e. is there a disconnect somehwere either in the door or is it in the car for easy removal.

Thanks

I want to take the doors of the Sedamn for a trip to the dunes. If i recall those doors are heavy. I have power windows and was wonding if its easy to disconnect the power to the windows. i.e. is there a disconnect somehwere either in the door or is it in the car for easy removal.

Thanks

Disconnect is in the door.

And they are not that heavy, the 2dr Coupes are tho.

I did a mod to the Beast where I can pull the hinge pins out and pull off the doors in seconds with just my pliers, but I also took out the speakers and disconnected the power mirrors, I have manual windows though... Wouldnt be too hard to wire in a waterproof plug for all your wiring, and the doors arent too heavy. Im also planning on making some jeep-style hinges, where you just lift up the door to take it off

-Bill

I believe in WA you have to have something resembling a door, or like 6" of rise on the rocker panel or some bulls*** like that. :rolleyes: I could care less, I ran without doors all last summer and never got pulled over, and I passed plenty of cops. I had mirrors on the fenders just to be a little bit legal :banana:

Tube doors are legal

-Bill