Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I think my water pump is leaking?

On my subaru xt turbo EA82t I just dont know if it is the water pump?

I'm wondering where the water pump is, is in the front of the engine just above the oil pan? and does the fan belt run the pump?

I would try taking a picture but my camera eats batteries.

The water pump is underneath the alternator-area. My XT had it's own coolant leak, Turned out to be the rubber O-ring that seals the metal pipe to the water pump went bad. My guess is it's either that O-ring that seals that pipe has cracked or enlarged, or the 90 degree bend hose on the water pump is leaking. Either way, I would take off the belts and timing covers and replace that O-ring on the coolant pipe (available thru dealer for a few cents) and the hose (Gates, 90 degree bend bypass hose)

Well It was my pump because I took the fan shroud off and the fan and the pump bolts were only finger tight so I put rtv sealer on as a gasket and put more rtv sealer around the o-ring that you are talking about there was water all around the pump so that was what was leaking. I'm going to try and start it again tomorrow and see if anything leaks :)

Thanks for the help! :]

O ring replacement regardless.

To me if you went that far you should have set a new gasket on and replaced the O ring for longevity. Very cheap parts.

And you've got a turbo so you'd better keep it coooooooool. Good luck.