Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Installed my CB...

Decide that since my wagon has become my DD I would swap my CB from my civic to my wagon... At first I couldn't decide where to put it bue I finally decided to pull the cassette deck and squeeze it in that location... Was almost 100% certain it wouldn't fit but lookie what happened :banana:...

DSC_0184.jpg

Even fits nicely while in first gear...

DSC_0186.jpg

I think it turned out nice, even got the faceplate/shroud thingy back on, and found a nice location for the mic...

DSC_0188.jpg

If anyone is interested in how I mounted it I will be pulling it back out to have it worked on, seems I can't hear any channels other than the weather broadcasts and use mly PA hehe, so I can snap a few more pictures...

The big question is have you learned all the lingo and how many big burly trucker friends do you have now? Too bad we have cell phones now and these are getting closer and closer to completely obsolete.

The big question is have you learned all the lingo and how many big burly trucker friends do you have now? Too bad we have cell phones now and these are getting closer and closer to completely obsolete.

Ha, actually do have a few trucker friends none are big and burly though... CB is definitely an obsolete means of personal communication however it is really nice to have on long trips, hell it actually worked today and helped me avoid a over turned truck on the interstate that was blocking all the lanes... That and its nice to have on the trail to communicate in large amounts rather than having a conference call going on... Then to have the PA is just good childish fun!

On your radio, the reason you might not be hearing channals real well could be from some interference with other electical wires under the dash or how you have your coax run.

That is a clean install, looks good.

Could be, but even with it a few feet from the car it didn't pick up, but sometimes it will just turn on and be fine while in the car, strangest thing... Thanks btw...

...Too bad we have cell phones now and these are getting closer and closer to completely obsolete.

The CB has the advantage of not requiring cell towers, power to the towers, landlines from the towers, and the functioning of the cell companies. Self-contained, only needs others with receivers... and smokey is always listening if you have trouble.

Could be, but even with it a few feet from the car it didn't pick up, but sometimes it will just turn on and be fine while in the car, strangest thing... Thanks btw...

Power lines, phone line, heck, even other vehicles will cause interference.

There are places i town where I can't here some one a block away from the interference, other spots, clear and good.

Power lines, phone line, heck, even other vehicles will cause interference.

There are places i town where I can't here some one a block away from the interference, other spots, clear and good.

Good points, still need to at least get it tuned to my antenna...

The CB has the advantage of not requiring cell towers, power to the towers, landlines from the towers, and the functioning of the cell companies. Self-contained, only needs others with receivers... and smokey is always listening if you have trouble.

I agree and I own a couple myself but I find I only use them on wheeling trips or caravan driving.

• 3 weeks later...