Ultimate Subaru Message Board

88 RX new motor question

Forester's weren't made in the "early 90's". And if you are talking about the first generation 2.5 liter - it's not so much that I can't answer your question as it is a problem with the question itself....

It's like when a child asks if they can be an Astronaut when they grow up.

"You can do anything you want to if you put your mind to it"

Doesn't mean it will be smart.

GD

Thats one thing i dont really know anything about motors much at all.

just knowing how to change somethings out but about preformance parts and anything dealing about setting things up, (best thing i can do is swap motors)but with doing upgrades,or any more tech on them idk. :burnout:

im just getting into this even though i love subarus sence i was like 10

for me i think getting info from people that work and fix up subarus is better for me :-\

if any thing look arround and see what the best option would be, you might find that a forester engine isnt all that hot and theres some other motor out there that would be better for ya.

unless you already have a forester engine sitting on the floor then thats another thing all together.

Nah i dont have one laying around right now ... i wish i did more power than the 1.8 oi i have to down shift to about 3-4 gear for the MT roads up here :(

for the cheap way but last longer what one is better the 2.0 or 2.5 and i wana use my turbo i have ( i got a free turbo than was pushed 15lb in the car i got it out of)

i have herd the EJ22E (2.2L) is the cheap tank and is better at handling power than the others.

its a N/A engine but i am sure you could lower the compression for the turbo, some one suggested a cam grind when i asked about it but i wasnt planning on pushing 15lbs of boost, i was thinkin what every the factory loyale turbo pushes for a minor boost, mabe 30 40 hp bump