Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I wanna replace the fuel filter on my 2000 Legacy wagon but am unable to disconnect the fuel hose ends from the fuel filter tubes;; they just won't budge. Yes, of course, I loosened the clamps before attempting to disconnect the filter.

Is there an easy way or correct procedure for doing so?

Also, the PCV valve that I ordered(from PartsGeek.com)

http://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/2000/subaru/legacy/air_intake/pcv_valve.html looks quite different from the one that's on there now. Anyone know if it's usable(compatible)? It doesn't appear to be. Theoriginal one that's there now has an assembly that protrudes from the top end onto which the connector(sensor?) fits. The assembly pulls right out of the valve body.

FYI, I just hate buying parts from the stealership because of their rip-off prices.

Edited by axel

Fuel filter: Yes, those rubber-hoses tend to get glued on to the filter pipes. Try rotating the rubber-hoses around the pipe instead of pulling them off. Use a pair of pliers to grip the rubber, and rotate back and forth a bit; try squirting some WD-40 into the ends of the rubber - it may help. Once free, just pull the hoses off.

Or grab some silicone spray that works well also to get those fuel lines loose...As for the PCV...The one in the photo should be the correct one...it screws right into the P/S of the intake manifold on an angle right by the #3 intake runner...IDK what you are looking at around the valve body...whatever it is it isnt the PCV valve... At some point around like 2001-2002 the PCV valve and location of it changed...