Ultimate Subaru Message Board

New BRAT owner networking

Hi all,

I'm a newly minted BRAT owner in Eagle, CO, looking to start networking for parts, advice, etc. I know right off the bat I'll be looking for a dash in better condition than my currently cracked one, and possibly a passenger door. I'd appreciate any leads on good junkyards in CO and sources for parts.

I might be able to offer up some parts, as I do know a gentleman in the area with a few BRATs that will never see the road again. I can take a look at those and get an inventory. Looking forward to joining the fold!

--Andy

Hi all,

I'm a newly minted BRAT owner in Eagle, CO, looking to start networking for parts, advice, etc. I know right off the bat I'll be looking for a dash in better condition than my currently cracked one, and possibly a passenger door. I'd appreciate any leads on good junkyards in CO and sources for parts.

I might be able to offer up some parts, as I do know a gentleman in the area with a few BRATs that will never see the road again. I can take a look at those and get an inventory. Looking forward to joining the fold!

--Andy

Andy,

What year? Also this is the best place for this... I bought my 1980 brat almost three years ago, and it was running on two cylinders, Learned everything from this site, fixed it up and its been my daily driver for over two years now... They will go, and go...

pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=22068&id=1344730058&l=84d66fb20b

-Daniel

Awesome another from Colorado with a Brat.

Im in Westminster and have a Turbo brat.

Would love to meet up and meet your parts source too. I dont have a tan dash and finding one around here will be hard but getting one from the Pacific Northwest or midwest without a cracked dash might be possible.

Hi,i'm new at this, i purchased a 78 brat out of arizona,metal is good, but interior & rubber goods suck.

Need interior pieces,dash pad, seats,and in dire need ,like yesterday,a back glass seal, my brats drownding ,in ohio,s rain, any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Hi,i'm new at this, i purchased a 78 brat out of arizona,metal is good, but interior & rubber goods suck.

Need interior pieces,dash pad, seats,and in dire need ,like yesterday,a back glass seal, my brats drownding ,in ohio,s rain, any help with this will be greatly appreciated!

Ok,

I put in seats from a 2003 WRX wagon. They work real well, It is necessary to make custom mounts from angle though. Its not too hard. Only downside is that if you are tall, the new seats require the head liner to be removed. (I'm 6'-2"

-Daniel

• 1 month later...

is there anyway that you could take some detailed pics of these adapters? i want to get a set of impreza seats into my brat, but i wasnt exactly sure how to go about it.

thanks

tim c

Ok,

I put in seats from a 2003 WRX wagon. They work real well, It is necessary to make custom mounts from angle though. Its not too hard. Only downside is that if you are tall, the new seats require the head liner to be removed. (I'm 6'-2"

-Daniel

is there anyway that you could take some detailed pics of these adapters? i want to get a set of impreza seats into my brat, but i wasnt exactly sure how to go about it.

thanks

tim c

I'll take some here in a bit, It was actually really easy, Only thing is if your tall you might have to take out the head liner, I am 6'-2" and it works fine with no head liner, and all the Seat adjustments removed from the bottom of the impreza seats. So you have mount it with the seat in the correct position.

-Daniel

thanks

tim c

Tim,

Ok, here is the pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=34978&id=1344730058&l=e166a41222

The Drivers seat is the one with the Slide rails removed. I bolted the two long rods under the seat directly to the new rails I made from angle. I left the slide rails on the Passenger seat as it has this giant airbag switch in the seat and would not fit properly with the slide rails removed. Its not as hard as it looks, Also you will have to redrill the holes for the inside rear seat mount as they are about 1" off of the stock location. The outside rear mount on the drivers is bolted to stock location, the passanger outside rear is not bolted to the floor at all but is sitting on a wood block I bolted it to the seat mount... Also, take off the seat belt receivers from the old seats as they dont fit the older style buckles. (i forgot to take one off)

Oh, and its much easier than it looks, did the whole install with a sazsaw and a drill.

-Daniel

Andy-

Welcome ! I've been told you have to be a SPECIAL kind of crazy to love the EA81's or the XT's... and I luv 'em both!

I'm the proud owner of "84 BRAT GL, done alot to it, probably the prettiest ( and maybe the only ) one left down here....I've put 49k on mine in 2 years!

Daniel is quite correct-they will go and go and go !

The BRAT is my 3'rd Soob and my favorite, hands-down! You wouldn't believe the places I've been on 13" street tires! Once pulled my pal's F-150 out of the mud with the lo-range-I'll never let Brian live that one down !

:headbang:

Good luck man,

Rob

Hi, and welcome! I am in Montrose with an '82 Brat, also on the lookout for Brat bits and pieces. I'm hoping to check out a local junkyard this week for any 80's Subarus. Number one on my list is a front, passenger side turn signal lens. They are not to be found....

There's a guy outside of Grand Junction with an '86 Brat (wrong color dash) who MIGHT part it out, or sell the whole thing for around $200, but he is a real odd bird and not the easiest to deal with...