Ultimate Subaru Message Board

WCSS 11 Sun. Trailrun home

Team cf , myself, Gloyale + friend...all 4 ea81's ..headed out from camp over to Hood river and up to the foothills.. on the same trail as we did WCSS8 @ Surveyors ridge.. First we had a cooling fan issue with Gloyales ea81 4dr sedans fan not coming on.. after some quick rewiring we were off.

Yea you read it right an ea81 sedan(non lifted) 3eat 4wd. did the trail with ease...nice work..:banana:

on the way we hit some side rds. and abit of heavy brushing.. so I was backing out of it(had the rear side hatch windows open) and a loud "POP" the right rear window broke out...:eek: luckily my son was in the back in the middle and had alot of protection from glass as our sleeping pads took the brunt of glass..whew..

It was abit hot but now we had A/C...no biggie..it's summer..I won't be leaving the side back windows open when brushing ...thx to Doug fir...:mad:

IMG_1742.jpg

We had a nasty climb from the powerline and the sedan cruised up like it was nothin' with street tires...Fist sized loose rocks and long steep grade..

I was awesome ..:grin:

Gloyale had power issues and had to use the hill holder to make it up ...

Possible fuel pump or filter..

We had great views of Mt. Hood and the valley below...

While sitting atop the ridge we saw two sailplanes release right above us and soar upwards in the thermals...

IMG_1758.jpg

We headed down to the gravel pit and played around climbing over the top..Gloyale got highcentered over the top...after a quick nudge he was over...

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1745.jpg

Once we headed down the power line trail there was a really tight switchback with a small stump sticking out ...

Gloyale managed to hit it with a left front tire and broke a radius rod and bent everything inward making left turns very difficult..:eek:

Once down we stopped for an extended break and he gave his rig a couple good pulls from a tree and straightened out the suspension to drive home.

Our last stop was at White river canyon @ sunset...with Mt.hood in the backdrop..

IMG_1771.jpg

It was a perfect end to fun 3 day weekend...:grin:

We all made it home safely...

Post up ur vids links & pics here...

Cheers,

Gregg

Edited by scoobyclimbs

As this is the post from the last day I'll stick this here. :)

WCSS11route.jpg

That is the trip my Soob made for the event. (screenshot from the software my GPS came with for saving to the computer)

Dotted line is the track.

So close to home, yet I still got to cover a couple hundred miles.

And I think most of it was off pavement. :banana:

Had a blast. But it seems everyone that wheeled with us this time had carnage.

Friday we were alright.

Saturday there were broken axles, broken stubshafts, broken unibodies :eek: , ect.

Sunday a broken window and a tacoed radius rod.

I got lucky, a easy fix on my leak and slipped bushing, just turn a bolt/nut and fixed.

sundayclimb.jpg

Edited by TeamCF

I like how the liquor store is on your GPS in the lower left.

hehe, yeah that was from when I first got the GPS and had to waypoint EVERYTHING.

Gotta keep track of the impotant stuff. :lol:

I can punch in a couple things and always find my way back to the liquor store... um, I mean home... :grin:

nice run, wish I had taken that route home, but we wanted to get the kid to sleep...

I'm thinking I need more breweries and liquor stores on my gps now...

hehe. It helps to find the medication quicker......

Parts of the show are a blur. I don't think I met ya there.

I don't think I met ya there.

unfortunately we just stopped by at the end of the show on our way into Gifford-Pinchot for camping...

I walked through the camping area but I don't remember seeing you there...

I think the only person I actually talked to was richierich and his dad... was going to bug SubaruJunkie but he was asleep... hehe...

more likely we'll meet up on a trail run one of these days... you guys always go to my favorite places...