Ultimate Subaru Message Board

wondering about value of my 1979 dl wagon

I have been driving a 1979 dl wagon for two years. I have not been aware of this cult following of the old Subaru. My car has been for total use. Driven almost everyday. I just now put 90K on it. Are people interested in such cars? It's in good condition relatively speaking, I put a Weber carb on it. I've replaced the clutch this year, breaks, radiator, rear main seal and a number of other things. Here's some pics of it. I really like driving her. http://web.mac.com/dirtandrib/iWeb/Site/Retro%20Wagon.html

Sorry for age old question, but i'm just curious. My friends scoff at it but i tell they are just ignorant. I'm wanting some evidence of my assertion of the value of my 'ugly' 4x4 wagon. She runs great, 90k, new clutch, new rear main seal, new radiator, new carb (Weber), paint job is only 6 yrs old, and there is only rust around the vents on the hood and little around a corner of panel. Here's a picture. Thanks. IMG_2930

Edited by dirtandrib

Location will help determine price.

Here in CA that car would probably get $2k. In Washington maybe the same, if you are in the rust belt however, that car maybe worth upwards of $3k to $4k... if you found a classic import collector.

Don't expect to put it on craigslist and get people beating down your door for it. But sit on it for a while, and you'll probably find the right buyer (he's here somewhere).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...