Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Legacy with 16" rims - tire edge wear?

I have a 2004 Legacy with the 16" rims that used to be on the older GT models. I notice that I get a lot of edge wear in the front and there is sag in the front tire when the car is at rest; as if it were underinflated. However, I am inflating the tire to the pressure that is recommended inside the door panel (32psi I believe). Is there some kind of consensus about tire inflation on these size rims? Should I try a different tire (I'm using KUHMO ECSTA ASX tires).

Edit: My rims look like these: http://jamalb.net/gallery/d/4775-2/0323091746.jpg

Thanks for posting!

tire inflation sounds good........when was the last time you had a front end alignment?
Maybe 10K miles ago? It's been a while, but I've noticed this uneven wear since I got the car new regardless of the alignment (which can cause other tire wear problems) or tires. According to a search here it seems lots of users inflate their tires a little high with these wheels - I think I may give it a try. I'll need new tires in a couple months.

I have a 2004 Legacy with the 16" rims that used to be on the older GT models. I notice that I get a lot of edge wear in the front and there is sag in the front tire when the car is at rest; as if it were underinflated. However, I am inflating the tire to the pressure that is recommended inside the door panel (32psi I believe). Is there some kind of consensus about tire inflation on these size rims? Should I try a different tire (I'm using KUHMO ECSTA ASX tires).

Edit: My rims look like these: http://jamalb.net/gallery/d/4775-2/0323091746.jpg

I prefere 36psi it handles better